- To work under the instruction/guidance of senior/teaching staff to support the delivery of quality learning and teaching and to help raise standards of achievement for all pupils;
- To encourage the participation of pupils in the social and academic processes of the school, and enable pupils to become more independent learners.
- To undertake work/care/support programmes to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support for Pupils, Teachers and the Curriculum
• Work in partnership with teachers and other professional agencies to provide effective support with learning activities;
• Awareness of and work within school policies and procedures;
• Support pupils to understand instructions, support independent learning and to promote the inclusion of all pupils;
• Implement and contribute to planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to pupils’ responses as appropriate;
•Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress;
• Support the teacher in behaviour management and keeping pupils on task based on the expectations for individual pupils;
• Under the guidance of a teacher monitor, assess and record pupil progress/activities;
• Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher;
• Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher and in line with health and safety requirements;
• Support pupils in their social development and their emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate;
• Support pupils with SEND needs as appropriate;
• Share information about pupils with other staff, parents / carers, internal and external agencies, as appropriate and in line with school policies and procedures;
• Contribute to pupils plans and reports;
• Support the work of volunteers and other teaching assistants in the classroom;
• Support the use of ICT in the curriculum;
• Work with pupils not working to the normal timetable using Teacher’s planning.
• Undertake pupil record keeping and maintenance of records as requested;
• Invigilate examinations and tests;
• Provide cover to supervise a class and/or small group on an unexpected nontimetabled basis only;
• Assist in escorting and supervising pupils on educational visits and out of school activities;
• Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes, but not as a supervisory assistant;
• Maintain a clean, safe and tidy learning environment;
• Support children’s learning through play and planned learning activities;
• Support pupils in developing and implementing their own personal and social development;
• May be asked to administer medications subject to agreement and in line with school policy;
• Assist pupils with eating, dressing and hygiene, as required, whilst encouraging independence;
• Provide basic first aid, if appropriate, ensuring timely referral to the health service in emergency situations;
• Monitor and manage stock and supplies for the classroom.
• Prepare and present displays
• Provide support to pupils who have communication difficulties also where English is an additional language;
Who are Nineteen Recruitment?
Nineteen Recruitment are an award winning, ethical and honest recruitment company that specialises in Education, Social Care and Public Sector recruitment. Nineteen has strong relationships with schools, social care settings and all the local authorities across the North East, matching appropriately skilled and experienced candidates to their vacancies. Nineteen is passionate about delivering a high standard of candidate care, ensuring candidates feel well supported when either at work or seeking work.
Advantages of working via Nineteen Recruitment
- Weekly pay paid via a PAYE equivalent model (at no cost to worker)
- Excellent level of support from the agency whilst you're in role
- Agency support with ongoing training / refresher training needs
- A point of contact between the worker and the client/place of work
- Offers the ultimate in flexible working
- You will be kept informed of any new and relevant work opportunities coming up in the future
Registration with Nineteen Recruitment is subject to satisfactory vetting procedures including Enhanced Disclosure; DBS registered to the online update service are welcomed.
Nineteen Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and as such no applicant or worker will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or employment status.