Are you a dynamic and passionate education practitioner with experience working with SEND learners and a burning desire for personal and professional development? Then this could be the role for you….
Nineteen Recruitment are an award winning, teacher owned independent agency that specialise in supporting educational establishments with their staffing requirements.
We are thrilled to be working with a fantastic client; an independent specialist day college for young people with learning disabilities and difficulties, recruiting on their behalf for a full time and permanent Director of Curriculum.
This role offers an excellent opportunity for someone with experience as an SEND Curriculum Manager who is ready to take the next step in their career.
Operating from it’s main site near Sheffield, our client also operates from several other sites in and around the area, as well as it’s satellite provisions which include a working catering facility.
Our client offers a wide range of programmes that are tailored to each individual’s needs and their outstanding teaching and learning environments enable them to provide a range of personal and vocational training opportunities including:
· Animal Studies
· Business Administration
· Duke of Edinburgh
· Equine Studies
· Hospitality & Catering
· Independent Travel Training
· Independent Living Skills
· Labouring (CSCS)
· Supported Internships
· Wildlife Management
· Work Experience
College staff are required to work on a range of different sites, including; college campuses, employer’s premises or communities local to your learners home - therefore willingness to travel is essential. There may be a requirement to transport learners in your own car, insurance implications are reimbursed. Mileage and expenses are provided for travel during the working day.
The Director of Curriculum will be responsible for the management of the curriculum, working with teaching staff to ensure outcomes for learners are maximised and that the College provision is working towards outstanding.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not restricted to:
• Contribute to and implement organisational Development Plan objectives.
• Lead curriculum initiatives so that teaching, learning and assessment is strives to be outstanding.
• With the Principal, develop a Study Programme curriculum that leads to high levels of personal and academic achievement, that prepares learners well for their next stages in life and provides numerous opportunities to develop skills in practical contexts.
• Lead by example, be concerned with detail, mentor others to improve and share the values of the college and make it your business to see that every learner receives a high-quality educational experience that ensures; they learn new skills, knowledge and behaviour and progress into positive destinations.
• Have a sound understanding of employability, functional skills and independence training, so that you can lead your team competently.
• Working with the Principal and Director of Quality, ensure every aspect of teaching, learning and assessment strives to be outstanding.
• Ensure you know what is happening in classrooms and that it is of a consistently high standard.
• Lead and develop transition planning initiatives so that our learners receive support, information, advice and guidance which lead to outstanding outcomes.
• Working with the Director of Quality, ensure the college’s work is of a high standard and can be demonstrated clearly to inspectors, visitors or families.
• Lead and develop initiatives to improve behaviour and attitudes, as well as personal development throughout the curriculum and cohort.
• Contribute to the implementation of the college safeguarding and Prevent strategy.
• Promote and develop a culture of embedding functional skills within all curriculum activities and be accountable for the successful recording of individual skill development.
• Lead the college’s approach to RARPA so that non-accredited achievements are accurately captured and celebrated.
• Lead the curriculum management team to demonstrate best practice to all staff, so that they recognise and can replicate outstanding practice.
• Line manage curriculum managers in line with college policies and procedures.
• Ensure Learner Voice activities are prominent within the curriculum and identifiable within decision making processes, college activities and promotional material.
• Work with managers to ensure Person Centred Reviews operate professionally and are of a high standard.
• Act as deputy-Nominee during inspection, should the Director of Quality be unavailable.
• Provide reports, information and administrative support as directed by the Principal for the Board of Trustees.
• Deputise for the Principal as required.
• You will be required to lead by example and deliver at least one session per week.
• Undertake any other responsibilities, at the discretion of the Principal.
In return our client will offer:
• Health Scheme following a successful probation.
• Life cover following a successful probation.
• Standard life pension.
• 30 days holiday (pro rata – 52 week employees).
If this role is for you, then we encourage you to apply urgently! Interest is expected to be high with regards to this post, so an early application, outlining how you meet the job description with your skills and experience is encouraged.
Nineteen Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and as such no applicant or worker will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or employment status.