WE ARE RECRUITING FOR COVID MARSHALS......
On behalf of Sunderland City Council, who have a requirement for a number of Covid Marshals to work at various locations across the City. Various hours are on offer with a pay rate of £10.41 per hour and the roles are expected to run for around the next 6 months or so at least. You will also be able to work on a rota basis, including some weekends. Candidates will have previous experience of working within customer facing environments such as retail, hospitality, customer services or security.
Personal Skills Required:
- Ability to engage with members of the public and businesses in a positive way.
- Ability to provide excellent customer care
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to relay accurate information
As a COVID Marshal, you will support the Councils Outbreak Control Plan by advising members of the public on social distancing and other COVID secure measures in public areas.
You will work agilely in the City and may be called upon to travel between areas to ensure that current COVID measures are being adhered to .
You will approach members of the public and engage with local businesses to advise on current measures and where necessary to also provide required masks, sanitiser and promotional material.
In addition, you will be required to proactively report other community issues acting as the Councils eyes and ears in communities using provided equipment.
It is likely that some weekend work will be required.
This is not an enforcement role, so you will not be required to handle any confrontations or impose fines.
This role may include travelling between sites, so you will ideally be able to access transport facilities.
You will be provided with PPE and all-weather clothing
Details of duties:
- Patrolling areas of Sunderland to engage with members of the public and businesses to encourage covid compliance;
- Dissemination of the COVID-19 guidance, including where additional local restrictions are in place;
- Undertake promotional activity, e.g. sharing of good practice, signage, advertising, accreditation scheme etc;
- Undertake educational campaigns;
- Carry out engagement and tailored communications to business and community sectors or groups;
- Respond to requests for advice and guidance.
- Report community issues to the Council, and carry our surveys and maintain records as required;
- Work will be directed by Senior officers;
- Based in one of 5 areas across the city;
- Mileage/ bus fares will be paid whilst delivering official business (Not transport to and from work location);
- No equipment is required to be provided by worker;
- Council will provide all necessary equipment.
In order to be proposed for this role, you will be required to register with our agency and provide certain documentation and information to ensure compliance, such as proof of right to work in the UK, proof of address, national insurance number, references covering the last two years at least and other information that will be discussed with you during application.
Advantages of working via Nineteen Recruitment include:
- Weekly pay paid via a PAYE equivalent model (at no cost to worker)
- Excellent level of support from the agency whilst you're in role
- A point of contact between the worker and the client/place of work Offers the ultimate in flexible working
Nineteen Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and as such no applicant or worker will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or employment status.