Nineteen Recruitment are a multi award winning, independent recruitment agency that specialise in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing to our clients in the Education, Social Care and Public Sectors.
We are delighted to be working with a client in South Tyneside, recruiting on their behalf for a full time ICT Platform Support Officer to work on a placement until 28th May 2021.
The Purpose of the Role:
To provide technical support services for corporate ICT systems including computer servers, operating systems, computer applications, database management systems, system software, production control, security and storage systems.
Key Tasks of the Post:
1. You will be responsible for the effective implementation and support of corporate ICT systems. You must:
- Identify, evaluate and assist procurement of appropriate corporate ICT systems.
- Install, configure, maintain, upgrade and support corporate ICT systems.
- Provide advice, guidance and consultancy to members and staff, as required.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for corporate ICT systems.
- Work in partnership with Groups ICT units, suppliers and contractors to produce a co-ordinated, effective and efficient service.
2. You will be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction. You must:
- Meet and exceed performance targets for the team’s services.
- Ensure that service level agreements are maintained.
- Ensure effective communications with customers to ensure their needs are addressed in a professional manner.
3. You will be an effective member of a great team. You must:
· Be highly motivated, highly skilled, with multi-disciplinary skills to keep pace with the industry and bring your expertise to bear in supporting a range of customers.
· Make sure that you understand how you are assessed and manage your performance accordingly whilst demonstrating total professionalism, propriety and valuing diversity.
4. You will ensure that all data and information is managed securely and in line with all internal and external requirements. You will
· Ensure that data privacy and information security are primary considerations in all digital and ICT projects and service delivery.
· Ensure that there is full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), all other relevant legislation and compliance standards, and internal policies and procedures.
Ideally you will have a degree in a relevant subject, although this is not essential.
You will however, require:
· Significant work experience in an ICT server support environment
· Experience in supporting at least 2 of Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server and CITRIX XenApp applications
· Experience in supporting at least six of the following products: Web Content Filtering, DNS, DHCP, Exchange 2010, Anti-Virus products, Email Filtering, Enterprise Storage Solutions, Enterprise class backup/restore, Powershell or similar scripting language.
· Active Directory 2008
· Experience of installation, configuration and deployment of virtual machines using VMWare ESX 6.0 or VMWare vCentre 6.7
In order to be proposed for this role, you will be required to register with our agency and provide certain documentation and information to ensure compliance, such as proof of right to work in the UK, proof of address, national insurance number, references covering the last two years at least and other information that will be discussed with you during application.
Advantages of working via Nineteen Recruitment include:
- Weekly pay paid via a PAYE equivalent model (at no cost to worker)
- Excellent level of support from the agency whilst you're in role
- A point of contact between the worker and the client/place of work Offers the ultimate in flexible working
Nineteen Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and as such no applicant or worker will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or employment status.
Reference ID: STCICT01
Contract length: 6 months
Application deadline: 24/11/2020
Expected start date: 30/11/2020
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Salary: £15.32 per hour