Nineteen Recruitment are delighted to be working with a local authority client, recruiting on their behalf for the below position.
We are seeking a Procurement Sourcing Officer on behalf of our local authority client to source goods, works and services as allocated, providing specialist expertise, creativity, and commercial knowledge to produce high quality outcomes and to support business requirements.
1. To develop and maintain excellent day to day working relationships between the service, internal clients across the Council as allocated, and Commissioned Service Providers contributing to a high performing sourcing team focused on achieving social and financial value.
2. To contribute to the development and implementation of sourcing strategies across the Council’s business as allocated, which may be made up of multiple services of different complexity and value.
3. To ensure that all sourcing is undertaken in accordance with the Council’s Financial and Statutory Regulations and EU Public Procurement Regulations. To comply with all relevant policies of the Council.
4. To manage costs in the context of required outcomes in line with the Council’s budget and other relevant plans.
5. To undertake and compile findings of market analysis which underpin planned commissioning and procurement activity to ensure statutory and commercial risks are minimised.
6. To ensure the Council’s Corporate Contract Register and electronic procurement systems are accurately maintained and that information is recorded on commissioning activity and pricing.
7. To contribute to the process of benefits realisation for a designated portfolio of spending to ensure that baselines are accurate and budgetary savings are signed off by key stakeholders and realised in a timely manner.
Who are Nineteen Recruitment?
Nineteen Recruitment are an ethical and honest recruitment company that specialises in Education, Social Care and Public Sector recruitment. Nineteen has strong relationships with schools, social care settings and all the local authorities across the North East, matching appropriately skilled and experienced candidates to their vacancies. Nineteen is passionate about delivering a high standard of candidate care, ensuring candidates feel well supported when either at work or seeking work.
Advantages of working via Nineteen Recruitment
- Weekly pay paid via a PAYE equivalent model (at no cost to worker)
- Excellent level of support from the agency whilst you're in role
- Agency support with ongoing training / refresher training needs
- A point of contact between the worker and the client/place of work
- Offers the ultimate in flexible working
- You will be kept informed of any new and relevant work opportunities coming up in the future
Registration with Nineteen Recruitment is subject to satisfactory vetting procedures including Enhanced Disclosure; DBS registered to the online update service are welcomed.
Nineteen Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and as such no applicant or worker will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or employment status.