Nineteen Recruitment are delighted to be working with a local authority client, recruiting on their behalf for the below position.
We are seeking a Revenues Officer for a local authority client, working within Council Tax Revenues Collection to support the Billing, Collection and Recovery Team Leaders as directed.
Ensure that debts outstanding to the council for Council Tax, Business Rates and Housing Benefit overpayments are properly administered, and that appropriate recovery action taken is in accordance with government legislation. (Such as LGFA 1992)
Key Tasks of the Post:
1. You will assist in the day to day activities concerning Council Tax, Business Rates, Housing benefit overpayment billing, collection and recovery. You will:-
Maintain the Council tax/Business Rates and Housing Benefit overpayments database to reflect changes in liability
Issue Housing Benefit invoices as appropriate
Issue Council Tax and Non Domestic Rates bills as appropriate
Issue recovery documentation for Housing Benefit Overpayments, Council Tax and Non Domestic rates as appropriate
Determine the most appropriate form of recovery action, in accordance with Guidelines and Procedures
Assess income and expenditure information and agree sustainable payment plans, signposting customers to advice agencies where appropriate
Undertake complicated NNDR/CTAX calculations ensuring accuracy and explain calculation to customers where appropriate
Determine and process applications for reliefs and discounts
Deal with enquiries from the Bailiff for Housing Benefit, Council Tax and Non Domestic Rates debt
Deal with enquiries from the valuation office and other outside agencies
Conduct personal interviews with members of the public
- Decide course of action based on customer circumstances as required. This will include attendance at the Magistrates’ Court.
- Deal with telephone and written enquiries
Constantly challenge the way we do things with personal and team experience of best practice
You will assist in the establishment of partnerships to deliver. You must:
Be open to effective partnership opportunities Work with members of your team in meeting outcomes and aims of both the Service and individual team members as outlined in the Service Plan and individual PDP’s
You will support your team leader in creating a great team. You must:
- Be self motivated and highly skilled
- Be aware of how your team is judged and how performance is measured
- Demonstrate total professionalism, propriety and value diversity
- Cover certain aspects of team leader’s role where appropriate.
Who are Nineteen Recruitment?
Nineteen Recruitment are an ethical and honest recruitment company that specialises in Education, Social Care and Public Sector recruitment. Nineteen has strong relationships with schools, social care settings and all the local authorities across the North East, matching appropriately skilled and experienced candidates to their vacancies. Nineteen is passionate about delivering a high standard of candidate care, ensuring candidates feel well supported when either at work or seeking work.
Advantages of working via Nineteen Recruitment
- Weekly pay paid via a PAYE equivalent model (at no cost to worker)
- Excellent level of support from the agency whilst you're in role
- Agency support with ongoing training / refresher training needs
- A point of contact between the worker and the client/place of work
- Offers the ultimate in flexible working
- You will be kept informed of any new and relevant work opportunities coming up in the future
Registration with Nineteen Recruitment is subject to satisfactory vetting procedures including Enhanced Disclosure; DBS registered to the online update service are welcomed.
Nineteen Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and as such no applicant or worker will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or employment status.