We are delighted to be supporting a local authority client with the recruitment of an HR Adviser on a long term contract until July 2023.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a professional, public sector environment showcasing your skills in areas such as:
- Employee relations casework
- Organisational review
- Absence management
- Job design and evaluation
- Policy development.
Assist in provision of a comprehensive human resources service to council directorates/schools and external bodies as required.
1 Support Heads of Service, Head Teachers and other senior managers in managing human resources and in particular:-
- managing absence and lack of capability;
- discipline and grievance handling;
- workforce planning;
- managing workforce changes including organisational change, redundancy and redeployment;
- application of national and local terms and conditions of employment including grading of posts.
2 Assist in the training and mentoring of line managers so they are able to make ‘right first time’ employment decisions.
3 Provide professional HR advice on all aspects of recruitment, employment and terms and conditions of employment.
4 Undertake any necessary research and analysis to support Directorate based HR/OD projects.
5 Contribute as required to HR project work and policy development activities.
6 To promote and implement the Council’s Equality Policy in all aspects of employment and service delivery.
- Experience of working professionally and effectively in two or more of the following areas of HR work: case work, employee relations, organisational development, organisational reviews or HR Policy Development.
- Experience of advising and guiding managers on aspects of change management including but not limited to employee engagement strategies, TU consultation, delivering training and coaching/mentoring.
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation, case law and current HR issues facing local government and how these affect HR policy development and practice
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- CIPD Qualified
- Committed to diversity and anti-discrimination strategies.
- Experience of Job Design and/or Job Evaluation
- Experience of complex case work
- Knowledge or awareness of Safeguarding within an HR setting
Who are Nineteen Recruitment?
Nineteen Recruitment are an ethical and honest recruitment company that specialises in Education, Social Care and Public Sector recruitment. Nineteen has strong relationships with schools, social care settings and all the local authorities across the North East, matching appropriately skilled and experienced candidates to their vacancies. Nineteen is passionate about delivering a high standard of candidate care, ensuring candidates feel well supported when either at work or seeking work.
Advantages of working via Nineteen Recruitment
- Weekly pay paid via a PAYE equivalent model (at no cost to worker)
- Excellent level of support from the agency whilst you're in role
- Agency support with ongoing training / refresher training needs
- A point of contact between the worker and the client/place of work
- Offers the ultimate in flexible working
- You will be kept informed of any new and relevant work opportunities coming up in the future
Registration with Nineteen Recruitment is subject to satisfactory vetting procedures including Enhanced Disclosure; DBS registered to the online update service are welcomed.
Nineteen Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and as such no applicant or worker will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or employment status.