The post holder will be required to supervise any learning support assistants allocated to their classes; prepare the learning environment including the handling and setup of specialist equipment, resources and materials as determined by the course; to guide and direct learners on their progress throughout their planned learning journey as well as possible progression options; to monitor and advise on learner’s welfare including safeguarding, health & safety; and to work with the centre staff including management and subject sector leads.
The post may involve travel between centres and to employer’s premises including regular day time and evening working and the possibility of some weekend working. The working conditions could include classrooms, workshops / employer’s premises or in community venues. This may involve long periods of standing, manual handling, lifting, carrying and erecting of resources as well as some lone working before and after classes.
Duties and responsibilities
Listed below are the duties and responsibilities this role will be primarily responsible for:
· To contribute to learner recruitment and selection including preparation of course descriptions and guidance and other marketing information as directed.
· To attend enrolment and recruitment events and provide advice on suitability of courses for individuals.
· To provide information, advice and guidance to prospective learners on the suitability of courses for learners and on wider issues connected with learning and work.
· To carry out initial assessment of learners skills, interests and aptitudes and devise the individual learning plan and learning and personal goals with the learner.
· To contribute to the development of resources and learning materials for courses.
· To prepare schemes of work, lesson plans and associated materials taking into account the needs of individual learners, the need to promote English and maths across every curriculum area, and the promotion of safety, health, equality, diversity, safeguarding and sustainability.
· To deliver good or outstanding teaching and learning, using innovative methods and e-learning and taking into account the needs of individual learners and support them to achieve their goals.
· To plan for and deliver additional learning support, personalised learning or adjust teaching strategies to deal with learners with additional needs including those with learning difficulties and/or disabilities.
· To implement assessment procedures that review and assess formative and summative progress of the learner and, where appropriate, to review learner’s progress with employers.
· To prepare learners for examination or assessment.
· Where directed, to act as a personal tutor or pastoral support to nominated individuals or groups of learners.
· To promote, as directed, the learner support and learner financial assistance available.
· To promote progression into further learning opportunities for learners.
· To maintain quality assurance records including course records and reviews, personal learner records, caseload reviews, group profiles and any other documentation as directed by the subject lead and service management.
· To complete all learner data requirements required for the funding of the learner’s programmes including those associated with enrolments, learner agreements, attendance, withdrawals, completion, destinations and impact of learning.
· To contribute to identifying and nominating learners for the annual Awards ceremony and provide case studies to aid the celebration of learner achievement.
· To attend team meetings and other appropriate meetings as required including standardisation meetings with the subject lead in the relevant area.
· To contribute to the self-assessment process and business improvement planning including contribution of views and evidence to support judgements against the Common Inspection Framework.
· To participate in the Observation of Teaching, Learning and Assessment process and respond proactively to feedback and make improvements to teaching as identified.
· To ensure the maintenance of safe working practices and environments for all staff and learners in accordance with the policies of Durham County Council and relevant legislation. To risk assess learning activities and for work based learning lecturers, to carry out health and safety monitoring of workplaces.
· Ensure that policies and procedures related to Safeguarding, Prevent and promotion of British Values are promoted across the programme area.
· To commit to the Safeguarding Policy and promote a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Service.
· To support and promote the safeguarding of all learners, visitors and staff.
We're interested to hear from candidates with:
- A demonstratable background in teaching and learning
- Key experience of teaching adult learners
- The ability to demonstrate solid understanding of the foundation curriculum
- Experience of teaching foundation English and Maths
- An enhanced DBS registered to the update service (we can assist with a DBS application if needed)
Does this sound like you? If so we would LOVE to hear from you!
Who are Nineteen Recruitment?
Nineteen Recruitment are an ethical and honest recruitment company that specialises in Education, Social Care and Public Sector recruitment. Nineteen has strong relationships with schools, social care settings and all the local authorities across the North East, matching appropriately skilled and experienced candidates to their vacancies. Nineteen is passionate about delivering a high standard of candidate care, ensuring candidates feel well supported when either at work or seeking work.
Advantages of working via Nineteen Recruitment
- Weekly pay paid via a PAYE equivalent model (at no cost to worker)
- Excellent level of support from the agency whilst you're in role
- Agency support with ongoing training / refresher training needs
- A point of contact between the worker and the client/place of work
- Offers the ultimate in flexible working
- You will be kept informed of any new and relevant work opportunities coming up in the future
Registration with Nineteen Recruitment is subject to satisfactory vetting procedures including Enhanced Disclosure; DBS registered to the online update service are welcomed.
Nineteen Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and as such no applicant or worker will receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race or employment status.